CHANGES TO DEPED ORDER NO. 28, S. 2011 AND DEPED MEMORANDUM NO. 270, s. 2007
July 15, 2011
No. 153, s. 2011
CHANGES TO DEPED ORDER NO. 28, S. 2011 (Calendar of Activities for School Year 2011-2012) AND DEPED MEMORANDUM NO. 270, s. 2007 (Administration of the National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) to All Fourth Year High School Students)
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. To give sufficient time for comprehensive career guidance to high school students before they enter the tertiary level, the Department of Education (DepEd) through the National Educational Testing and Research Center (NETRC) shall administer the SY 2011-2012 National Career Assessment Examination (NCAE) which is moved from August 31, 2011 to September 28, 2011 as stated in the enclosure of DepEd Order No. 28, s. 2011. It will be given to the following:
A. third year high school students instead of fourth year high school students as an amendment to DepED
Memorandum No. 270, s. 2007; and
B. fourth year high school student-applicants of CHED and TESDA Scholarship Programs.
2. Starting School Year 2012-2013, the NCAE will be administered every last Wednesday of August of the succeeding years to all third year high school students and to fourth year high school student-applicants of CHED and TESDA Scholarship Programs in all public secondary schools and private secondary schools with permit to operate.
3. The Division Testing Coordinators (DTCs) are directed to bring the actual division enrolment data (hard and soft copies) of the third year high school students both from public and private secondary schools, and the total number (hard and soft copies) of fourth year high school student-applicants for Scholarship Programs of the CHED and TESDA during the conduct of the National Orientation. The Guidelines on the Administration of the NCAE shall be discussed by the NETRC during this Orientation. Venue and schedule shall be announced later.
4. The public and private secondary schools officials/personnel are enjoined to support/assist in the administration of this test.
5. All previous issuances inconsistent with this Memorandum are hereby repealed, amended or modified accordingly.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
DepEd Order: (No. 28, s. 2011) and DepED Memorandum: (No. 270, s. 2007)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
Madel/JBM: DM Amendments to DM 368 and DO 28
June 29, 2011